based product (similar to tire rubber)
Installed properly will last a very long time.
• Surface can be easily coated with an elastomeric to extend
its life up to 50 years.
• EPDM is a fully adhered roof membrane adhered to fire retardant
dens decking which is secured by screwing through the underlying
wood decking, making it more secure than modified.
• 10, 20 and 30 year product warranties are available (warrantied
only against defects).
EPDM is flammable and requires a Class A fire retardant underlayment.
• Commonly fails at the seams due to adhesive failure as a
result of ice & water.
• Black surface holds heat, must be coated to increase life
span and reflect heat.
• Installed properly, EPDM is more expensive than other types
of flat roof membranes